Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re:need help with patterns

  • Randolph Keator
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2005
      > I am also dong an eskimo child.. I need patterns for those clothes... and
      > mukluks.....

      > I also need a pattern for that little pointy lace dutch girls hat... and
      > does anyone have a clue as to an instructional on how to make REAL wooden
      > shoes from Holland??<

      I'll assume you want the fur lined mukluks ? Your best bet unless you
      absolutely need authentic ones is to cover a pair of clunky but well fitting
      boots with faux fur. Something like a Sorel pac boot works best to give the
      right shape. Real ones are made of reindeer or caribou hide and lined with
      same with a sole of hardened neck hide .
      REAL wooden clogs take some extreme patience to carve and some expensive
      tools. Don't have an instructional but have made several pair using a pair I
      found at a thrift shop for a pattern. Takes about 7-16 hrs/pair. You can
      make the "newer" type which have a canvas or leather formed vamp easier and
      quicker.(~;
    • jimmysdevoted@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2005
        These are for scale animatronic dolls...
        I suppose the bigger stuff would look cute though.