Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Cleopatra/toga?

  • lorrwill
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2002

       Now that I think about it, I believe there was an issue of Threads that had an article on togas and draping.  I will look for the issue and let you know which number it is or if maybe someone else knows which issue I am talking about and has it handy.  It may be helpful to you. The good news if you decided to buy it, they ship back issues really fast.

      ~Lorraine

    • castalusoria@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2002
        Actually, my mother writes for "Threads" from time to time-- she might have the issue on her shelf. Thanks for looking, Lorraine-- if you find it, give a holler!

        Best,

        Kate

        --
        Kate Bunting
        Drink Deeper Comm Central

      • lorrwill
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 24, 2002
          Alrighty, found it! The article is in Threads #86 and it is
          called "Revisiting the Rectangle" it is by Laura Hotchkiss Brown and
          it is "A look at fashion's fascination with uncut lengths of draped
          fabric - past, present, and future."

          Specific to your quest are the graphic images of Grecian women and
          the pages on how to drape a rectangle. In this section Brown even
          makes a distinction between Grecian and Amazonian draping. I hope
          your mom has a copy handy!

          ~Lorraine