  • Curtis Kidd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2005
      > From: Contessa <costumegoddess777@...>
      > Subject: Anyone have info on CAD programs and/or Costume
      > Conferences?
      >
      > I do not know if anyone will be able to help, but I am
      > submitting my "wish list" for the next fiscal season and
      > the two things that I want to put on there are (1) a CAD
      > program so that I can email costume design sketches and
      > (2) I have always wanted to go to a theatre conference
      > and of course one that has a good costume program. If
      > there was one that was strong in the costuming area AND
      > the stage management area too, that would be a bonus. (so
      > that one of our production stage managers might be able
      > to go too)

      Can't help on the program, there is probably something out
      there that is perfect for what you want to do but I am
      anything but up-to-date on most software.

      USITT has a national conference that covers all aspects of
      technical theater...while I never made it there, so I don't
      know for certain, I am pretty sure there's something there
      for stage managers, as well (I know they always encouraged
      our stage management students to attend if they could). In
      addition, there are regional ACTF conferences--the main
      focus of them typically seems to be acting, but there is
      also a lot of material involved for tech/management (we had
      a few students in our program that won regional
      awards...even a couple that went to national competition!)

      Beyond that, I don't know of much. Things like that seem
      to vary from region to region, around here those are pretty
      much the available options (there's also one for the Utah
      Theater Association, but that's focused on high school kids
      and college recruiting of graduating seniors).

      Curtis Kidd

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail