RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Hat dilemma

  • Poppy Shell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      Aloha from Kauai, Hawaii: As per the hat question: Will the actress be
      wearing a wig? I used a great Gibson type wig for the mom in PETER PAN and
      various actresses in MUSIC MAN. These big wigs are kind of poufy and I
      think a hat could be pushed onto it in a way that the hat would stay on,
      especially at a slant. You'd have to pin the heck out of the wig so it
      didn't come off with the hat. Then, after the lumberjack spat into the hat
      and placed it back on the actresses head, she could kind of grab the hat a
      bit and push it back down. Or does she take the hat off in disgust at his
      lack of manners? I think it would be harder with the actesses own hair,
      unless she has really long thick hair that would make a poufy Gibson. Good
      luck. POPPY