Re: Into The Woods

  • thejoshuagoldberg
    Message 1 of 11 , May 31, 2005
      Yes that's the photo i wa speaking of. The costumes and production
      look amazing. I was in a production of Into the Woods a year ago
      (played the Witch) though, by matters completely out of any one's
      control (except for the actor who played the Baker) the production was
      cancelled two weeks before we were to open. So to sort of "make up
      for our loss" some of my friends and I wanted to do a sort of Into the
      Woods theme for Halloween. I would like to get some costume ideas
      since the costumes we were going to use were going to be rented and we
      never even saw them. Do you think that maybe the one's you used would
      be up for rent or even sale? So any way to answer your question: No
      there's really nothing specific. I would be curious to see what the
      production looked like as a whole since just that one picture looks
      incredible. Thank you very much.

      Joshua

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "David" <djuby@s...>
      wrote:
      > There is a photo from out production in the Costumes: Sheridan
      College
      > Music Theatre folder. It is the only one I have, although I will
      check
      > to see if I can nab the CD again. Is there something that you are
      > looking for specifically?
    • David
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2005
        Our production is currently out on rental until Labour Day. Depending
        when your party is, we can certainly discuss what pieces you need and
        when.

        David
      • thejoshuagoldberg
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 2005
          Ya know I don't even know when labor day is............ Anyway,
          yeah if I could see pictures from the show I could tell you which
          costumes I would be interested in. You can go ahead and send the
          pictures direct to my e-mail, thejoshuagoldberg@.... Now did
          you make these costumes, or were you involved with the show in a
          different way. Thanks again.

          wrote:
          > Our production is currently out on rental until Labour Day.
          Depending
          > when your party is, we can certainly discuss what pieces you need
          and
          > when.
          >
          > David
        • David
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 1, 2005
            I designed the production, and I also teach the sewing and pattern
            drafting classes here at the college. Most of the pieces were made by
            our first and second year students. I will see if I can pull something
            together and send it on.

            David
          • thejoshuagoldberg
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 1, 2005
              That's great. Did you keep the whole production in basically the same
              time period? I notive that a few productions sort of go for different
              time periods with the different stories. I'm curious what your witch
              design looks like (since that was my charecter). Thanks again for the
              help!

              wrote:
              > I designed the production, and I also teach the sewing and pattern
              > drafting classes here at the college. Most of the pieces were made
              by
              > our first and second year students. I will see if I can pull
              something
              > together and send it on.
              >
              > David
            • thejoshuagoldberg
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 5, 2005
                Hey David it's me again with another question. How much is it to rent
                out the costumes, and how long would we get them for? My friends and
                I were wondering about the price because there is another site that
                rents the costumes from the broadway production but they are really
                expensive. Also I was wondering when you were thinking of sending me
                the photographs. Thank you again!

                Joshua
              • David
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 5, 2005
                  I cannot access the phtots until Thursday, so I should be able to pull
                  something together late this week. As far as price goes, the most
                  expensive item on our rental list is the Witch costume - it rents for
                  $30.00 per week.
                • thejoshuagoldberg
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 12, 2005
                    Hey, those prices sound great! Some of my friends that I have talked
                    to about this idea sound really excited. So what makes the Witch's
                    costume the most expensive? What does it look like? And would this
                    be the old Witch or the young? Thanks a bunch.