Showgirl thing---

  • wdjennings2000
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2005
      What is the official name of the basic body suit worn by the classic showgirls? Looks like a one-piece bathing suit, sometimes. A maillol?

      I have a less experienced friend who designed Will Rogers Follies and had a bad time making all the costume changes for the showgirls: too late, I suggested she make a single basic body suit in neutral color and sew in long skinny pockets to insert anchors for fantails and feather shoulders and other snazzy, sparkly doo-dads that could be changed out quickly for all the different looks. Anybody ever tried this?