Re: Digest Number 1266

  • Anna
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 2:24 PM
      OK, since I've intrigued a few. Another answer I got on the ICG-D
      list said that by 1847 they were using a red dye called Cochineal.
      Cochineal is made of the dried and pulverized bodies of female
      cochineal insects. She said it was used as a biological stain and as
      an indicator in acid-base titrations. This was one of a number of red
      dyes used at the time. She said it(Cochineal)was used in an 1847
      production of "Sweeney Todd."

      Anna

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Curtis Kidd