Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] justeaucorps

  • Brad Gould
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 21 2:56 PM
      Hi,
      Most that I've done have been in wool, but a few have been in damasks.
      I'll try to explain this... using your interlining and good fabric as one, seam them to the lining. Then trim and grade your seam allowances and stitch them to the lining fabric. You'll have a row of stitching showing on the inside edge of your lining fabric. I usually do it about 1/8" from the seam, maybe about 2mm.
      Good luck!
      Brad

      Bjarne og Leif Drews <drewscph@...> wrote:
      Hi,
      My material for the whole outfit, jacket, waistcoat and breeches are made in pale blue silk duchesse satin. I interline the whole jacket ekcept the sleaves with linnen and i have a nice silk for the linning.
      What is understitched, could you please explain this, my native language is not english?
      Bjarne
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 21 5:03 PM
        We are doing Sheridan's "The Rivals" ...it is set in 1775 in Bath, England...I am not very familiar with this period...I can find good pictures of fashionable clothing of the period, does anyone know good places for me to look for pictures of the servants, both male and female? Nicely clothed ones, livery, ladies maids, etc not shabby ones...

        Thanks,

        Contessa