Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Clothes for invisible people AND an invisible paycheck!

  • Contessa
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 19 3:27 AM
      It is amazing to me that after decades of doing this, some actors that I have fitted at our theatre for 10 years or more ...in Rennaisance garments, which I am obviously MAKING ...will casually say oh you mean you have to make all this stuff? You don't just buy it?

      Many people just don't get it...and they may never...

      Contessa

      Paul Watson <doc41st@...> wrote:

      <SNIP>
      I had actually heard friends of
      mine make the comment of "how hard is it to sew, most
      of the stuff is store bought anyways, it's just
      alterations that are needed". I set them straight
      VERY quickly.

      I would love to see any Director, Actor or Techie whip
      together 26 changes of late Rennaisance clothes in
      under 3 weeks (including fittings and last minute
      hissy fits from tempermental actors). <SNIP>