Romeo & Juliet Costume Plot

  • Christina Homer
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2005
      I've posted this to anoth group, so sorry if you get this twice:

      Hello,

      Does anyone here have a costume plot for Romeo & Juliet? Or know where
      to find one sooner rather than later? I've googled & looked in the
      message archives & haven't had any luck, and it looks as if I will
      be 'assisting' the head costumer in a high school production with about
      a month to go before curtain. She was bedridden for a while with some
      nasty bugs though, so not entirely her fault.

      Thanks in advance for any help!

      Christina
      first time poster, long time lurker
    • Contessa
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 16, 2005
        We do Romeo and Juliet every year, changing over the complete cast every other year...it is our February/Valentines event and amazingly the whole month sells out year after year, months in advance...It makes me very happy that people want to see as much Shakespeare as we do! We were one of the 22 theaters nationwide that received the NEA "Shakespeare for a New Generation" Grant to take the works of William Shakespeare into schools.

        Anyway, I have several costume plots for Romeo and Juliet and if you want to contact me offlist I will see what I can do mto help you...

        Contessa

        p.s. re: the earlier posts from a few days ago: no, I do not get paid NEARLY enough, but I have worked in theatre and in the fashion industry for over 30 years and in fashion I made nearly 6 figures... but I love theatre so much that I choose to work for a fraction of that. I consider myself fortunate to be able to pay the rent and buy groceries (not much else though sometimes LOL) solely thru my paycheck from the theatre and that I have good health insurance with them...yes I just did my taxes recently and as always was dismayed by my salary, lack thereof, but I am doing what I like: Costuming live theatre, mostly all Shakespeare (done traditionally) and whoever posted that if you live and breathe costuming you unfortunately will never get rich...most likely they were right!

        Christina Homer <chomer7@...> wrote:

        I've posted this to anoth group, so sorry if you get this twice:

        Hello,

        Does anyone here have a costume plot for Romeo & Juliet? Or know where
        to find one sooner rather than later? I've googled & looked in the
        message archives & haven't had any luck, and it looks as if I will
        be 'assisting' the head costumer in a high school production with about
        a month to go before curtain. She was bedridden for a while with some
        nasty bugs though, so not entirely her fault.

        Thanks in advance for any help!

        Christina
        first time poster, long time lurker

      • Sylvia Rognstad
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 16, 2005
          I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for, since I always make up
          my own costume plots. Aren't they rather individual, depending on what
          the designer chooses to do? Excuse my ignorance please.

          Sylrog

          On Apr 16, 2005, at 5:55 AM, Christina Homer wrote:

          > I've posted this to anoth group, so sorry if you get this twice:
          >
          > Hello,
          >
          > Does anyone here have a costume plot for Romeo & Juliet? Or know where
          > to find one sooner rather than later? I've googled & looked in the
          > message archives & haven't had any luck, and it looks as if I will
          > be 'assisting' the head costumer in a high school production with
          > about
          > a month to go before curtain. She was bedridden for a while with some
          > nasty bugs though, so not entirely her fault.
          >
          > Thanks in advance for any help!
          >
          > Christina
          > first time poster, long time lurker
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > �
          > �
          > Service.

        • Contessa

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 16, 2005
              I guess it could save some time. I was just wondering.

              Sylrog