Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Finding work that pays a decent wage

  • Randolph Keator
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 14, 2005
      Catslave ? Any cousin to Felinestoy ? Seriously, I'm going to sound
      unrealistic but the first and most important thing you need to ask yourself
      is ;" Do I love what I'm doing enough to be doing it whether I get paid for
      it or not ? " I do what I do because I really do love it. For me it's not
      really a job, it's a passion. The pay is a fringe benefit. I gave up the
      "big" money and high stress shows ( some of you know exactly what I'm
      talking about ) to do community theatre. I still do special effects makeup
      and some pretty fancy and elaborate costumes, but I don't have the headaches
      associated with "the big leagues". If what you really want is " THE BIG
      MONEY " then you will have to go where it is . If that means moving to a
      different location, then that's what you may need to do, at least for a
      while until you can get your work noticed by the "right" people. The biggest
      question is ; What are you willing to sacrifice ? Sounds harsh I know, but
      reality often is. Wish you all the good fortune possible.(~:
    • Cynthia Spilsted