Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Bjarne's work is stunning!

  • Bjarne og Leif Drews
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2005
      Hi,
      A seam gauge? is that a tape meassure? Well if it can help to get a better idea of the scale, i am willing to do it.
      This dress is made for a girl living in New York. She is studying to be a museum curator. She has an interrest in historical costumes and she always dreamed of getting an 18th century dress. I dont know if there are any events where she can wear it, ill ask her.
      I started this projekt last summer - dont laugh. But it has taken a while and i have had other projekts going on besides this. Now when the panier is finished, i will be able to make a muslin model of the dress so that i can start the skirts embroideries.
      I also have other projekts going on, you can all se them when you click on the link below: www.my-drewscostumes.dk.
      I made a dress after a portrait last summer also for a museum. An old manor house in Denmark has a wonderfull large portrait of some of the landowners that lived in second half of 18th century. She is wearing a court dress of the type used in France and Denmark consisting of a fully boned bodice, a skirt and off the shoulder ruffled sleaves + a court train.
      It was made with the materials i could get, and it should have ben a fine silk brocade, but money and difficulties in finding such a fabric, forced me to use a plain silk taffeta.
      The dress is permanently exhibited at the manor house now.

      Bjarne

      www.my-drewscostumes.dk

      http://home0.inet.tele.dk/drewscph/

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2005
        Bjarne,
        I am absolutely in awe of your skill and talent. I went over your
        websites and kept saying 'Oh, God!' and 'Wow!'

        Amazing, just amazing- and the embroidery is beautiful! Your lacework
        is simply beyond belief.

        *applause*

        Thank you for sharing!