Re: Bjarne's items

  • Anne Redish
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2005
      Thank you Thank you Thank you .. for the inspiration of beautifully planned
      and crafted items. On a dreary day at the end of term, when all are tired
      and possibly a little spent...and dare I say maybe even cynical, it was
      wonderful to see your fantastic work! Can I / we use it to show students
      what CAN be done when there's enough time available?

      At 04:57 PM 07/04/2005 +0000, you wrote:

      >There are 2 messages in this issue.
      >
      >Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Garsault 18th century stays
      > From: "Bjarne Drews" <drewscph@...>
      > 2. Exhibition project
      > From: Aylwen & John <garden@...>

      >Message: 1
      > Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:55:02 -0000
      > From: "Bjarne Drews" <drewscph@...>
      >Subject: Garsault 18th century stays
      >

      >Hi,
      >Long time i was here last. I just wanted to share with you some red
      >taffeta stays i made for a costume. I have made it as authentic in
      >look as possible, using Wissner artificially whaleboning for the
      >fully
      >boned stays. They are only 4 mm. wide. Took me long time to make it,
      >but it has ben very nice to make:
      >http://www.my-drewscostumes.dk/chenillestumpwork.htm
      >I also have nearly finished the panier wich goes with the stays, also
      >made with red taffeta, pictures of the panier later.
      >
      >Many greetings
      >
      >Bjarne

      >Message: 2
      > Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:24:25 +1000
      > From: Aylwen & John <garden@...>
      >Subject: Exhibition project
      >
      >Hi, I'm putting together a proposal with costings to put together an
      >exhibition of women's clothing in Australia from 1788 - 1901. I'm
      >looking to display both the day and evening gowns and their
      >underpinnings and supports. I've only just started putting together the
      >proposal, so would love any hints or suggestions that I should
      >consider. I will the one making the garments - I'm looking at finding
      >paintings of Australian women in this time-frame and copying the
      >garments featured in them, that way they could be displayed with the
      >painting and be more of a research project. I'm also hoping to put
      >together a book detailing the progress of making all the garments.
      >Warmest Regards, Aylwen

      Anne Redish
      Theatre Wardrobe Coordinator
      Department of Drama, Rm 020
      Queen's University,
      Kingston, Ontario
      613-533-6000 x75359
      483-3245 cell
      ar11@...
    • lanorte1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2005
        Bjarne:
        I can't tell you how much I admire the work you've done. Your attention to
        detail is astounding - I only wish I could see the garment in person. You
        should be very proud - it's just beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing that
        with us!

        Donna

      • Bjarne og Leif Drews
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8, 2005
          Thank you Thank you Thank you .. for the inspiration of beautifully planned
          and crafted items. On a dreary day at the end of term, when all are tired
          and possibly a little spent...and dare I say maybe even cynical, it was
          wonderful to see your fantastic work! Can I / we use it to show students
          what CAN be done when there's enough time available?

          Hi Anne Redish,
          Thanks for your kind words. I am glad that it cheered you up! How do you
          mean that you could show it to the students? Do they have internet acces?
          Please show them my webpage if it could help be my guest!

          I have a full time job to take care of besides my costuming, so it is every
          moment of my sparetime, wich is used for the costumes. I have plenty to do
          and backorders waiting, time is my only consern.
          And being a reenactor myself, i have it like the shoemakers children, they
          only wear scratch. wich means that i barely have time to make something for
          myself.
          I have 7 meters of rich duchesse silk satin waiting to be made to a
          gentlemans outfit, but where is the time? :-(

          Bjarne

          www.my-drewscostumes.dk

          http://home0.inet.tele.dk/drewscph/