Exhibition project

  • Aylwen & John
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2005
      Hi, I'm putting together a proposal with costings to put together an
      exhibition of women's clothing in Australia from 1788 - 1901. I'm
      looking to display both the day and evening gowns and their
      underpinnings and supports. I've only just started putting together the
      proposal, so would love any hints or suggestions that I should
      consider. I will the one making the garments - I'm looking at finding
      paintings of Australian women in this time-frame and copying the
      garments featured in them, that way they could be displayed with the
      painting and be more of a research project. I'm also hoping to put
      together a book detailing the progress of making all the garments.
      Warmest Regards, Aylwen
    • Centrestage.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6, 2005
        Have you seen a book called "Dressed in their Best - A 100 years of Family
        Photos" (1860s-1950s) by Pam Liell?
        I bought it from a broadcast email - correspondence to P.O.Box 455 Concord
        West, N.S.W. 2138 - it was only about $30.
        Photos not paintings - but it may help.
        Cheers
        Mary
        > Hi, I'm putting together a proposal with costings to put together an
        > exhibition of women's clothing in Australia from 1788 - 1901. I'm
        > looking to display both the day and evening gowns and their
        > underpinnings and supports. I've only just started putting together the
        > proposal, so would love any hints or suggestions that I should
        > consider. I will the one making the garments - I'm looking at finding
        > paintings of Australian women in this time-frame and copying the
        > garments featured in them, that way they could be displayed with the
        > painting and be more of a research project. I'm also hoping to put
        > together a book detailing the progress of making all the garments.
        > Warmest Regards, Aylwen
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Costume Gallery
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 12, 2005