Garsault 18th century stays

  • Bjarne Drews
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2005
      Hi,
      Long time i was here last. I just wanted to share with you some red
      taffeta stays i made for a costume. I have made it as authentic in
      look as possible, using Wissner artificially whaleboning for the
      fully
      boned stays. They are only 4 mm. wide. Took me long time to make it,
      but it has ben very nice to make:
      http://www.my-drewscostumes.dk/chenillestumpwork.htm
      I also have nearly finished the panier wich goes with the stays, also
      made with red taffeta, pictures of the panier later.

      Many greetings

      Bjarne
    • Kathy
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2005
        Thanks for sharing. Exquisite work!

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Bjarne Drews"
        <drewscph@p...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Long time i was here last. I just wanted to share with you some red
        > taffeta stays i made for a costume. I have made it as authentic in
        > look as possible, using Wissner artificially whaleboning for the
        > fully
        > boned stays. They are only 4 mm. wide. Took me long time to make it,
        > but it has ben very nice to make:
        > http://www.my-drewscostumes.dk/chenillestumpwork.htm
        > I also have nearly finished the panier wich goes with the stays, also
        > made with red taffeta, pictures of the panier later.
        >
        > Many greetings
        >
        > Bjarne
      • Siebel San
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 16, 2005