Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Romantic Tutu

  • Maggie Baker
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2005
      Are the bodices tight enough? Ballet bodices need to
      fit like a corset practically to get them to stay in
      place and have the right look. You need to use hooks
      and eyes and pull them to fit like a second skin. All
      the boding and sturdy lining helps maintain the fit
      and shape of the bodice. If you need a waist tape, I
      would'nt use elastic since the stretch will allow the
      bodice to move. The other thing you can do is to sew
      the tutu to the bodice so there is less chance of
      movement. :)

      --- tsuntsunpie <tsuntsunpie@...> wrote:

      > I'm making romantic tutus for young teenagers. I
      > had a problem that the bodices would
      > go up when they were dancing. Does this mean that
      > shoulder bands are too tight and they
      > are pulling the bodice? Or it is because their
      > bodies are very straight and bodice would go
      > up anyway? I was thinking to use elastic band
      > around the waist to anchor the bodice in
      > place, or should I sew the panty in?
      > Please give me an adivice.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Costume Gallery
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
        Recently, someone posted a web site address for shoes, could you repost
        it. I need to purchase 23 pairs of men's colonial shoes.
        Any suggestions, would be helpful.

        Thanks,
        Joy Galbraith
        Costume Gallery
        Newport,ky
      • Cynthia Spilsted
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 17, 2005
          The panty is sewn to the underpart of the skirt. The piece that the skirt is sewn to goes up and under the bodice which is then tacked in place while the dancer is wearing the tutu to ensure the correct fit - and no tilting even with the romantic tutu!
          Cynthia

          Maggie Baker <costumedesigner@...> wrote:
          Are the bodices tight enough? Ballet bodices need to
          fit like a corset practically to get them to stay in
          place and have the right look. You need to use hooks
          and eyes and pull them to fit like a second skin. All
          the boding and sturdy lining helps maintain the fit
          and shape of the bodice. If you need a waist tape, I
          would'nt use elastic since the stretch will allow the
          bodice to move. The other thing you can do is to sew
          the tutu to the bodice so there is less chance of
          movement. :)

          --- tsuntsunpie <tsuntsunpie@...> wrote:

          > I'm making romantic tutus for young teenagers. I
          > had a problem that the bodices would
          > go up when they were dancing. Does this mean that
          > shoulder bands are too tight and they
          > are pulling the bodice? Or it is because their
          > bodies are very straight and bodice would go
          > up anyway? I was thinking to use elastic band
          > around the waist to anchor the bodice in
          > place, or should I sew the panty in?
          > Please give me an adivice.

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT