Romantic Tutu

  • tsuntsunpie
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2005
      I'm making romantic tutus for young teenagers. I had a problem that the bodices would
      go up when they were dancing. Does this mean that shoulder bands are too tight and they
      are pulling the bodice? Or it is because their bodies are very straight and bodice would go
      up anyway? I was thinking to use elastic band around the waist to anchor the bodice in
      place, or should I sew the panty in?
      Please give me an adivice.
    • Maggie Baker
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21, 2005
        Are the bodices tight enough? Ballet bodices need to
        fit like a corset practically to get them to stay in
        place and have the right look. You need to use hooks
        and eyes and pull them to fit like a second skin. All
        the boding and sturdy lining helps maintain the fit
        and shape of the bodice. If you need a waist tape, I
        would'nt use elastic since the stretch will allow the
        bodice to move. The other thing you can do is to sew
        the tutu to the bodice so there is less chance of
        movement. :)

        --- tsuntsunpie <tsuntsunpie@...> wrote:

        > I'm making romantic tutus for young teenagers. I
        > had a problem that the bodices would
        > go up when they were dancing. Does this mean that
        > shoulder bands are too tight and they
        > are pulling the bodice? Or it is because their
        > bodies are very straight and bodice would go
        > up anyway? I was thinking to use elastic band
        > around the waist to anchor the bodice in
        > place, or should I sew the panty in?
        > Please give me an adivice.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Costume Gallery
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
          Recently, someone posted a web site address for shoes, could you repost
          it. I need to purchase 23 pairs of men's colonial shoes.
          Any suggestions, would be helpful.

          Thanks,
          Joy Galbraith
          Costume Gallery
          Newport,ky
        • Cynthia Spilsted
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 17, 2005
            The panty is sewn to the underpart of the skirt. The piece that the skirt is sewn to goes up and under the bodice which is then tacked in place while the dancer is wearing the tutu to ensure the correct fit - and no tilting even with the romantic tutu!
            Cynthia

            Maggie Baker <costumedesigner@...> wrote:
            Are the bodices tight enough? Ballet bodices need to
            fit like a corset practically to get them to stay in
            place and have the right look. You need to use hooks
            and eyes and pull them to fit like a second skin. All
            the boding and sturdy lining helps maintain the fit
            and shape of the bodice. If you need a waist tape, I
            would'nt use elastic since the stretch will allow the
            bodice to move. The other thing you can do is to sew
            the tutu to the bodice so there is less chance of
            movement. :)

            --- tsuntsunpie <tsuntsunpie@...> wrote:

            > I'm making romantic tutus for young teenagers. I
            > had a problem that the bodices would
            > go up when they were dancing. Does this mean that
            > shoulder bands are too tight and they
            > are pulling the bodice? Or it is because their
            > bodies are very straight and bodice would go
            > up anyway? I was thinking to use elastic band
            > around the waist to anchor the bodice in
            > place, or should I sew the panty in?
            > Please give me an adivice.

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT