Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] burntout costumer location

  • lanorte1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
      In a message dated 3/4/2005 11:01:18 AM Central Standard Time,
      zimmermanel@... writes:
      Tonight is opening,more stuff has been stolen,this time it's wallets. Our
      Lead,whom the show is named after, has lost her voice and did the whole Final
      Dress like a puppet with someone else reading her lines!This is the WEIRDEST show
      ever! There have been suggestions of sacrificing a chicken on the stage...or
      at least getting some from The Colonel and rubbing THAT on! And yes, I
      HAVE been loaning my stuff all out.Always.We all take turns around here. That's
      why the robbery has hit so hard,because I've had to go back to my other
      designer friends and tell them their stuff is gone now.
      Okay, here's my story:

      I was running a childrens theatre touring company a few years ago. The
      actors would leave early in the morning to drive a school in some outlying area to
      do a performance. This particular morning, I received a call from one of the
      cast members about 8am saying, "Um, did you by any chance take the costumes
      out of the van?" Yup - all the costumes as well as 2 larger than life-sized
      puppets had been stolen, and we found out less than an hour before the first of 3
      shows that day.

      Believe me, I feel your pain. Sounds like it would be a good idea if you
      could manage to take a break for awhile, get a little distance and that might
      re-energize you. But try to take a little time away to clear your head before
      you make any definite decisions. Again, I'm sorry to hear about your recent
      misfortunes - honestly, things WILL get better (but you might want to sacrifice a
      couple of pieces of Extra Crispy, just to be on the safe side).

      Donna

    • Keith & Kathy
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
        Elizabeth,
        What's the show and where in Portland and when does it run. I'm in Salem
        and would love to make a short road trip.
        Kathy

        > Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:46:38 -0000
        > From: "catslave54" <zimmermanel@...>
        > Subject: burntout costumer location
        >

        > I'm in Portland,OR. Come on down.I'll make you some great deals.But
        > seriously, thanks for all the input.Tonight is opening,more stuff
        > has been stolen,this time it's wallets. Our Lead,whom the show is
        > named after, has lost her voice and did the whole Final Dress like a
        > puppet with someone else reading her lines!This is the WEIRDEST show
        > ever! There have been suggestions of sacrificing a chicken on the
        > stage...or at least getting some from The Colonel and rubbing THAT
        > on! And yes, I HAVE been loaning my stuff all out.Always.We all
        > take turns around here. That's why the robbery has hit so
        > hard,because I've had to go back to my other designer friends and
        > tell them their stuff is gone now. I don't have another show on
        > the boards 'til May. I'm going to learn to knit....Elizabeth

      • Marti Miernik
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
          Hey all,

          Has anyone ever worked with the seamstress form www.maidenfaire.com
          <http://www.maidenfaire.com/> ? I purchased something a while back and have
          never heard from them. so I'm not sure if I have been taken for a ride or
          its just an oversight. And they don't have a phone number listed on the
          site. so I can't call them. If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

          Thanks,

          Mm

          fax mentis incendium gloriae

          Marti Miernik

          408 506 6499

          marti@...

          AOL & AIM - PRVixens / Yahoo & MSN - LadyMier