burntout costumer location

  • catslave54
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
      I'm in Portland,OR. Come on down.I'll make you some great deals.But
      seriously, thanks for all the input.Tonight is opening,more stuff
      has been stolen,this time it's wallets. Our Lead,whom the show is
      named after, has lost her voice and did the whole Final Dress like a
      puppet with someone else reading her lines!This is the WEIRDEST show
      ever! There have been suggestions of sacrificing a chicken on the
      stage...or at least getting some from The Colonel and rubbing THAT
      on! And yes, I HAVE been loaning my stuff all out.Always.We all
      take turns around here. That's why the robbery has hit so
      hard,because I've had to go back to my other designer friends and
      tell them their stuff is gone now. I don't have another show on
      the boards 'til May. I'm going to learn to knit....Elizabeth
    • lanorte1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
        In a message dated 3/4/2005 11:01:18 AM Central Standard Time,
        zimmermanel@... writes:
        Tonight is opening,more stuff has been stolen,this time it's wallets. Our
        Lead,whom the show is named after, has lost her voice and did the whole Final
        Dress like a puppet with someone else reading her lines!This is the WEIRDEST show
        ever! There have been suggestions of sacrificing a chicken on the stage...or
        at least getting some from The Colonel and rubbing THAT on! And yes, I
        HAVE been loaning my stuff all out.Always.We all take turns around here. That's
        why the robbery has hit so hard,because I've had to go back to my other
        designer friends and tell them their stuff is gone now.
        Okay, here's my story:

        I was running a childrens theatre touring company a few years ago. The
        actors would leave early in the morning to drive a school in some outlying area to
        do a performance. This particular morning, I received a call from one of the
        cast members about 8am saying, "Um, did you by any chance take the costumes
        out of the van?" Yup - all the costumes as well as 2 larger than life-sized
        puppets had been stolen, and we found out less than an hour before the first of 3
        shows that day.

        Believe me, I feel your pain. Sounds like it would be a good idea if you
        could manage to take a break for awhile, get a little distance and that might
        re-energize you. But try to take a little time away to clear your head before
        you make any definite decisions. Again, I'm sorry to hear about your recent
        misfortunes - honestly, things WILL get better (but you might want to sacrifice a
        couple of pieces of Extra Crispy, just to be on the safe side).

        Donna

      • Keith & Kathy
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
          Elizabeth,
          What's the show and where in Portland and when does it run. I'm in Salem
          and would love to make a short road trip.
          Kathy

          > Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:46:38 -0000
          > From: "catslave54" <zimmermanel@...>
          > Subject: burntout costumer location
          >

          > I'm in Portland,OR. Come on down.I'll make you some great deals.But
          > seriously, thanks for all the input.Tonight is opening,more stuff
          > has been stolen,this time it's wallets. Our Lead,whom the show is
          > named after, has lost her voice and did the whole Final Dress like a
          > puppet with someone else reading her lines!This is the WEIRDEST show
          > ever! There have been suggestions of sacrificing a chicken on the
          > stage...or at least getting some from The Colonel and rubbing THAT
          > on! And yes, I HAVE been loaning my stuff all out.Always.We all
          > take turns around here. That's why the robbery has hit so
          > hard,because I've had to go back to my other designer friends and
          > tell them their stuff is gone now. I don't have another show on
          > the boards 'til May. I'm going to learn to knit....Elizabeth

        • Marti Miernik
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
            Hey all,

            Has anyone ever worked with the seamstress form www.maidenfaire.com
            <http://www.maidenfaire.com/> ? I purchased something a while back and have
            never heard from them. so I'm not sure if I have been taken for a ride or
            its just an oversight. And they don't have a phone number listed on the
            site. so I can't call them. If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

            Thanks,

            Mm

            fax mentis incendium gloriae

            Marti Miernik

            408 506 6499

            marti@...

            AOL & AIM - PRVixens / Yahoo & MSN - LadyMier