Re: A little help from the WWII crowd...

  • serenpoly
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Curtis Kidd
      <gckidd@y...> wrote:
      > Greetings all...
      >
      > Yet again, I turn to the community for assistance in
      > tracking down some items. A segment of our evening show on
      > the park this year is entitled, "Hollywood Goes To War",
      > and is a salute of the musicals done during the WWII era.
      > We are in need of six US Army Dress Uniforms accurate to
      > the era. <<snip>>

      Here you go:

      /0811725952/ref=pd_sbs_b_3/103-4162587-8086262?%
      5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

      Otherwise known as "U.S. Army Uniforns of World War II". I 'searched
      in the book' and immediately found "dress blues and whites" starting
      on page 11. Not bad price at under $14, either; I may get one
      myself. (My late father, the WWII-vet motion picture costumer with
      specialties in Westerns and uniforms would be proud...)

      HTH.

      -- Emc^2
    • serenpoly
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005