Costume of Southern American States 1860

  • sleepyvampyr
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005
      Hi
      I'm a mature student studying costume in New Zealand. This weeks
      research project is to compare the real clothing of the period to
      its magnificent marketing portrayl in Gone With The Wind. If any of
      you have any photos, or pictures I would love to have a look.
      thank you
      sleepyvampyr
    • Mom IS my real name
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
        Try this site first, and see if it will link you to similar archives:
        http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/list/107_civw.html
      • vintageconnection
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2005
          I have a photo collection, but it would take forever to scan and post
          them. You might check out ebay, searching for "Civil War" photo, and
          similar searches. Also, there are several cheap books full of
          photography from the 19th century, like "Victorian Fashions in
          America" and "Victorian & Edwardian Fashions: A pictorial Survey."

          Kristina
          www.kristinaseleshanko.com