hello from a new member

  • balazssavelli
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2005
      I just joined the group and it seems I've finally found the right
      place to be!
      I've been designing and making costumes for local community theatres
      (6 of them on a regular basis).There is never enough money in the
      budget (as you know), so it is usually "make something wonderful with
      nothing". It can get frustrating at times, but triggers some
      creativity for sure.
      Right now I'm in the process of designing Beauty and the Beast. It is
      the Disney version, so it is challenging ,to say the least.
      They want it to look just like the movie, especially the Beast and
      Belle. Couldn't find a decent mask for the Beast, at least not one I
      can afford. So I will have to make one.
      But I have a question about the Wardrobe.
      I'm trying to figure out what material to use for the body (want to
      make it like a sandwichman and cover with fabric)
      It has to be lightweight but sturdy enough, so it will not bend.
      Any ideas?
      This show opens late April.
      After that I will be doing Grease in May
      Zorba in June
      The King and I in July. (I will have some question regarding this
      one!)
      Thank you in advance for any respond!