  • vickdamom@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 12, 2002
      thanks...will check it out!..Vicky
    • dldnmb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2002
        There are several patterns in Simplicity that are pretty "authenic" Southern
        Belle gowns. I especially like the under garments patten. It can be a great
        starting point for shape of the era.

        Also, I get ideas from Tom Tierney's paperdoll books. His paperdolls envolve
        a lot of research so you can depend on them being accurate to the period.

        D.L.
        Ides of March Design Group, Ltd.
      • BowieGirl1982@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2002
          I love Tom Teirney's paper doll books!!  However, they're hard to get hold of over here in England.  I've got his Henry VIII one which is soo cool.

          Anyway, thanks for the answers on designing, they were really helpful and kinda what I was thinking anyway.  Good to know I'm on the right track!

          I have another question:

          If there is anyone in the UK on the list, what magazines do you read that relate to costume, if any?  I'd like to hear what you guys in America read too, just so I can get a rough idea.

          Thanks
          Jo
        • Michelle Davidson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 14, 2002
            I also love Tom Tierney's paper doll books! Is
            Amazon.com available to you? There's a lot of his
            books available through them.

            --- BowieGirl1982@... wrote:
            > I love Tom Teirney's paper doll books!! However,
            > they're hard to get hold of
            > over here in England. I've got his Henry VIII one
            > which is soo cool.
            >
            > Anyway, thanks for the answers on designing, they
            > were really helpful and
            > kinda what I was thinking anyway. Good to know I'm
            > on the right track!
            >
            > I have another question:
            >
            > If there is anyone in the UK on the list, what
            > magazines do you read that
            > relate to costume, if any? I'd like to hear what
            > you guys in America read
            > too, just so I can get a rough idea.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Jo