Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] I need help with a college paper

  • Susan Cassidy
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2005
      Linda,
      Look for a Ted Andrews book--How to Heal with Color. There are other Color Therapy books, that get into how color affects us. It's such an intuitive subject. Good luck.

    • Aurora Celeste
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 5, 2005
        Have you tried looking up marketing books and such? I know a lot of
        research is done in marketing to determine how packaging colors affect
        people and make them buy or not buy. You may try there, or see if
        that dept. can give you any help.

        > costumelady <costumelady@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hello,
        > I haven't been in this group for several years and the first thing
        > I do is ask for help. :-)
        > After 30 years I'm back in college. I'm taking a Shakespeare
        > course. The instructor allowed me to pick my own subject for my
        > essay. I've been costuming plays for 13 years now. My topic
        > is :"How costumes influence the audiences perception of a character."
        > cool topic huh? (sorry I'm with teenagers so much I talk like them)
        > I need help with finding some books with the information I need. I'd
        > like to find a book on the psychology of color. What each color
        > generally means to people. I've been looking for something like this
        > for a couple years now to back up some of my choices that seem a
        > little off the wall. All I can find are books on the color wheel,
        > books that show paint chips, stuff like that. I want something that
        > says red makes people think whatever. Blue is cold, pink is romantic
        > whatever emotion or thought the color evokes. I know what I think
        > but I need documented proof. Can anyone help me. Yes I've been to
        > libraries I've ask for help from the librarians I still can't find
        > what I need.
        > Also does anyone know of a good comentary on Shakespeare's
        > characters and the different ways they can be inturpitated (I know
        > that is spelled wrong sorry I'm getting a degree in art with theater
        > emphasis not english).
        > I hope someone out there can help me. Thank you in advance
        > Linda Craft
      • Kathy
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 8, 2005
          "Fabulous You" by Tori Hartman has a pretty good section on color
          psychology and was available at my library - hopefully yours carries
          it. Try the interlibrary loan system, too. (or amazon.com has a used
          copy for under $3) For the other, try "A Theatergoer's Guide to
          Shakespeare's Characters" by Robert Fallon. (I usually have luck
          searching a topic at Amazon, then seeing if my library carries the title.)
          Best of luck!

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "costumelady"
          <costumelady@y...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          > I haven't been in this group for several years and the first thing
          > I do is ask for help. :-)
          > After 30 years I'm back in college. I'm taking a Shakespeare
          > course. The instructor allowed me to pick my own subject for my
          > essay. I've been costuming plays for 13 years now. My topic
          > is :"How costumes influence the audiences perception of a character."
          > cool topic huh? (sorry I'm with teenagers so much I talk like them)
          > I need help with finding some books with the information I need. I'd
          > like to find a book on the psychology of color. What each color
          > generally means to people. I've been looking for something like this
          > for a couple years now to back up some of my choices that seem a
          > little off the wall. All I can find are books on the color wheel,
          > books that show paint chips, stuff like that. I want something that
          > says red makes people think whatever. Blue is cold, pink is romantic
          > whatever emotion or thought the color evokes. I know what I think
          > but I need documented proof. Can anyone help me. Yes I've been to
          > libraries I've ask for help from the librarians I still can't find
          > what I need.
          > Also does anyone know of a good comentary on Shakespeare's
          > characters and the different ways they can be inturpitated (I know
          > that is spelled wrong sorry I'm getting a degree in art with theater
          > emphasis not english).
          > I hope someone out there can help me. Thank you in advance
          > Linda Craft
        • Joannah Hansen
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 27, 2005
            Try searching for colour psychology or colour in psychology or colour therapy.
            Here are a couple I found :
            http://www.ramms.com.au/bonus-idea-articles/colour.htm
            http://www.infoplease.com/spot/colors1.html

            Good luck.
            Joannah

            > costumelady <costumelady@...> wrote:
            >
            > I need help with finding some books with the information I need. I'd
            > like to find a book on the psychology of color. What each color
            > generally means to people.

            Yahoo! Groups Links