Foolish Freshman touch hot iron...free-lance...ouch, get burned

  • Sarah P
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2002
      Lesson #1: Set the line for how much work one is willing to do and do not
      give in and agree to more later before the first work is done. Lesson #2:
      Don't allow materials fees to come out of the paycheck, or don't allow the
      budget to be all rolled-up into one--demand a seperate allowance for
      materials and for paycheck. Remember this if you ever do any free-lance
      sewing for theatre companies or costume shops.

      This I have learned from my first free-lance job for a theatre company.
      Next time, I won't free-lance for a company. I'll work for a shop. Dyoh!

      Anybody else have some sage advice I should know before doing anything else?

      ~.~ --whydidntIthinkwhydidntIthinkwhydidntIthink...!

      ----Raven

      P.S. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a Greenberg & Hammer
      catalogue? Does anyone have any advice on making masks for RenFest or
      RenFaire?