cavalry helmet

  • Mom IS my real name
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2005
      Does anyone have an idea for helping me make a Revolutionary era
      cavalry officer's helmet? It has a rounded visor bill like a
      baseball cap and big plumes of "furry" feathers over it from front to
      back (sort of "Mohawk" style). I have pictures, but I'm having
      trouble thinking of how to do this as light-weight as possible for
      ballet (mainly pantomime but some small jumps). The theatre is
      small, so it still has to look sturdy up close.

      Janelle
    • Judith Cataldo
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2005
        > Does anyone have an idea for helping me make a Revolutionary era
        > cavalry officer's helmet?

        Some late war light infantry helmets were instead made by cutting down a
        felt hat blank.
        You might want to try asking someone on the yahoogroup revlist who can help
        or look up reenacment units. You would be looking for dragoon units like
        http://www.2dragoon.org/

        Judy
      • sherman, talley and raymond
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2005
          wouldnt it be easier to get them from Smokey Mountain KNife works or Museum
          Replicas?
        • Costume Gallery
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 28, 2005
            try purchasing one at Hatcrafters 610-623-2620

            Good luck