Need a washable,nonstaining body paint

  • catslave54
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 24, 2005
      The Dance Dept. wants to do a dance where the dancers (all in white
      leotards) roll around in different colors of paint. I was thinking
      maybe fingerpaint??? What would not stain the actors and could be
      washed out of the leos and could be made in bulk? I don't think the
      laundry soap blood recipe will work this time...And how they get off
      stage is THEIR problem!
    • sherman, talley and raymond
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 25, 2005
        use crayola washable paints!
      • Roberta Belen
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 25, 2005
          You know.. I'm really new to this stuff.. however, as a mom who went
          through preschool for a few years... what preschools do is they add
          just a little dishsoap (like Ivory) to whatever water based paint they
          use- and it works! Pretty much washes right out, and it doesn't
          change the color or consistency of the paint. You can get some good
          water based paints at any craft store, and the larger ones sell them
          in half gallon sizes inexpensively. We used to use about a half a
          teaspoon per 3/4- 1 cup, so it really doesn't take a lot of soap,
          either.

          Hope this helps!
          Berta

          On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 06:02:01 -0000, catslave54 <zimmermanel@...> wrote:

          > The Dance Dept. wants to do a dance where the dancers (all in white
          > leotards) roll around in different colors of paint. I was thinking
          > maybe fingerpaint??? What would not stain the actors and could be
          > washed out of the leos and could be made in bulk? I don't think the
          > laundry soap blood recipe will work this time...And how they get off
          > stage is THEIR problem!

        • Loretta Armstrong
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 25, 2005
            A winter guard did something like this a number of years ago and I *think* they ended up using something silly like paint thinned with flour and water. (Or maybe that's what they tried....) Also as a hint to get it off the stage- you can buy a tarp to spread across the floor which can be wraped up and drug off stage to be hosed off outside.

            catslave54 <zimmermanel@...> wrote:

            The Dance Dept. wants to do a dance where the dancers (all in white
            leotards) roll around in different colors of paint.

          • Contessa
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 25, 2005
              Gee, all I have to deal with is all the blood used doing Shakespeare and battles etc and I thought THAT was bad enough!! AArrrghh...paint...good luck, though!!!

              The small amount of dishwashing soap added to thin the paint sounds good, however...we use that with the blood sometimes and it helps...except for the mouth capsules of course!

              Contessa

            • Sylvia Rognstad
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 25, 2005
                I think that the fiber content, as suggested before, may have something
                to do with the washability. I just tried the blood made with
                dishwashing liquid recipe on some cotton fabric and it didnt come out
                very well. Poly may work better.

                Sylrog

                On Jan 25, 2005, at 6:50 AM, Roberta Belen wrote:

                > You know.. I'm really new to this stuff.. however, as a mom who went
                > through preschool for a few years... what preschools do is they add
                > just a little dishsoap (like Ivory) to whatever water based paint they
                > use- and it works!� Pretty much washes right out, and it doesn't
                > change the color or consistency of the paint.� You can get some good
                > water based paints at any craft store, and the larger ones sell them
                > in half gallon sizes inexpensively.� We used to use about a half a
                > teaspoon per 3/4- 1 cup, so it really doesn't take a lot of soap,
                > either.
                >
                > Hope this helps!
                > Berta
                >

                > On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 06:02:01 -0000, catslave54 <zimmermanel@...>
                > wrote:
                > >

                > > The Dance Dept. wants to do a dance where the dancers (all in white
                > > leotards) roll around in different colors of paint. I was thinking
                > > maybe fingerpaint??? What would not stain the actors and could be
                > > washed out of the leos and could be made in bulk? I don't think the
                > > laundry soap blood recipe will work this time...And how they get off
                > > stage is THEIR problem!

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > �
                > �
                > Service.

              • sherman, talley and raymond
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 25, 2005
                  Crayola has colors thatc ome in tubes. This suf washes out of silk too.
                  It was designed for use on fabrics as a craft for kids.
                  DickBlick carries it.
                  You can call Binney and Smith and find out who carries it in your
                  neighborhood.
                  I don't reccomend washable Paints as they do contain pigments that latch
                  onto certain fibers.

                  I have yet to ahve the Crayola stuff stay put..