Re: Snap Attaching Advice

  • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
      Find a wooden thread spool (if you can - I keep a few old ones just for
      this, or look for something like the same shape) and put that over the
      nipple, then hit the spool with the hammer. Works just like the tool thing.

      Sandy

      At 09:42 AM 1/6/2005, you wrote:

      >I'm trying to attach the back part of a snap (the part with the nipple)
      >to a pair of pants and since this is a one time deal, I don't really want
      >to have to buy the special tool to do it with. I tried hitting it with a
      >hammer, which worked... but also flattened the nipple. Anyone have a work
      >around solution that doesn't involve
      >buying the tool? I would appreciate any imput. Thank you.
      >
      > Sara

      "Those Who Fail To Learn History
      Are Doomed to Repeat It;
      Why They Are Simply Doomed.