Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] (unknown)

  • Holly
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
      Unsubscribe please
      Holly Berry
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 4:15 PM
      Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] (unknown)

    • Dianne and Greg Stucki
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 2, 2002
        Kindly keep your proseltyzing to those who have a shred of interest. Religion does not belong on a costuming list.

          I really don't appreciate Islamic spam. Moderator, can you please ban this person?

            May I say hallelujah! (Tongue in cheek on the
            comment, heartfelt on the sentiment!

            --- Dianne and Greg Stucki <goofy1@...> wrote:
            > Kindly keep your proseltyzing to those who have a
            > shred of interest. Religion does not belong on a
            > costuming list.

            =====
            We are all in the gutter,
            But some of us are looking at the stars.
            --Oscar Wilde

            HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
            http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
          • DARK GOD
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 10, 2004
              dont know were your based if you in the uk give the bbc props house a call
              you can find the numbers on the net they have every thing you could wish for
              and more

              >From: "video_film" <video_film@...>
              >To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] (unknown)
              >Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:35:27 -0000
              >

              >I am looking for Costumes and Accessories from 1890s to 1930s.
              >
              >I need to find them for a feature film project.
              >
              >I need items restored or in original condition.
              >
              >I am also interested in things that can be restored at a reasonable
              >price.
              >
              >But I need to know the status of each item, whether they are in
              >original form, or renovated and when they were renovated.
              >
              >I would like to see pictures if possible.
              >
              >I need to know if you have ever rented these items before.
              >
              >If there is a set rental price and insurance requirements please
              >send that info as well. If not just tell me that you are not sure
              >how much the rate will be.
              >
              >If there is anyone else you know that has something we might need
              >can you
              > please let me know that as well.
              >
              >Thank you for any help you can give me.
              >
              > I am also looking for someone with period costume experience
              >to help me budget and schedule the wardrobe requirements in a script
              >I am breaking down.
              >
              >I have no money to offer, but can offer experience with Movie Magic
              >Budgeting and Scheduling software.
              >
              >And employment on the feature once the funding is complete.
              >
              >I have been offered the money I need but I am still looking for more
              >money to have a larger budget to work with.
              >
              >I only need about one day togo over the typical costumes for each
              >time period and maybe go with me to western costume for
              >scouting/pricing on thier inventory. Then a half day to see what
              >should be made and what should be rented.
              >
              >3 easy/casual days a few hours each day is all I really need.
              >
              >William Murray
              >818-366-5337
              >video_film@...

              http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
            • Mandy
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 22 8:47 PM
                For me? The joy of seeing the finished product.

                The challenge in making it from a hand drawn picture. It's like watching a
                baby take it's first steps, or your child receiving their first "First
                Place" ribbon or trophy. I'm not very good at drawing, painting or coming
                up with my own designs - but present me with a rough drawing or a photograph
                and I'm off and running with ways of making it. Out comes the pencils,
                frustrations and swearing. But then when it's proudly displayed on my dummy
                or a person, it's the lump in the throat and the feelings of achievement
                that makes it all worth while.

                The actors excitement, others compliments and congrats are just icing on the
                cake for me. :D

                Mandy in Aussie Land

                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 14, 2009
                  We struggled with the "eating/drinking in costume" issue with a couple of
                  recent college productions that included children. The children were
                  informed by their teacher that there was no eating/drinking in costume, a letter
                  was sent home to parents, an announcement was then made in the greenroom at
                  the first dress rehearsal - with the parents in the room - and the next night
                  they STILL brought their little darlings tacos, Cheetos, cheeseburgers, and
                  red & blue drinks. They had plenty of time to eat before coming to
                  rehearsal, and we allowed the kids to drink water or each non-staining food (animal
                  crackers, vanilla wafers). We had to assign 2 college students to be in the
                  dressing room to enforce the food rule every night. This is part of the
                  problem - parents who are clearly told the rules and teach their children that
                  it's okay to disregard any rules that are inconvenient.

                  Sorry - just had to vent.

                  **************Choose the home loan that saves you the most $$$. Agents
                  available at ditech.com
                  (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221374924x1201371434/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fclk.atdmt.com%2FDEG%2Fgo%2F153724534%2Fdirect%2F0
                  1%2F)

                • Paula McWhirter-Buck
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 17, 2011
                    what are these links?
                    there have been several, lately from this list.
                    i dont click on things if i'm not sure what they are or where thy originate
                    from.

                    ________________________________
                    From: Darcy <darcy33083@...>

                      From: Darcy <mailto:darcy33083%40yahoo.com>
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 17, 2011
                        I have been getting these too.  I've opened them twice before I realized it was the same sender.  A big warning from my anti-virus program flashed on the screen letting me know a threat was blocked...I wouldn't open them.

                        Sharon
                        Emma Joy's Emporium

                        From: Darcy <darcy33083@...>
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                          I've noticed that the majority of these that I've seen have a .php suffix. If, however, you get an email with just a link, no explanation...especially if it's from someone you don't know, but even if you know them...don't click on it. I got a few like this from friends, but it was very out-of-character for them to send a link without any comment, so I emailed them back to ask about it. Not once have they responded with "Yeah, I actually sent that link to you..." It's always been some kind of malicious software at work.

                          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Kubic <sharonkubic@...> wrote:

                          > I have been getting these too.  I've opened them twice before I realized it was the same sender.  A big warning from my anti-virus program flashed on the screen letting me know a threat was blocked...I wouldn't open them.
                        • Kat Hannon
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                            All those links are shoing up on my end as coming from someone who calls herself Darcy. If I see anything from her I just delete it.

                            =^.^=

                            "If a man could be crossed with a cat,
                            It would improve the man,
                            but it would deteriorate the cat."
                            Mark Twain
                            Please note that Mark Twain specified
                            that the cross would improve the MAN,
                            no need to include women in that.
                            Women and cats are perfect as is.

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                              all other email lists that i belong to...when these show up....the sender is
                              made aware and given a warning by the list moderator.
                              if they continue the sender is blocked from the list until the issue is cleared
                              up.
                              simple enough to deal with, if the sender has been victim of an email
                              worm.....just change your email password.

                              ________________________________

                              wrote:

                              > I have been getting these too. I've opened them twice before I realized it
                              >was the same sender. A big warning from my anti-virus program flashed on the
                              >screen letting me know a threat was blocked...I wouldn't open them.

                            • Pat Rohrbach
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                                Me to I just delete anything from Darcy who ever that is.

                                Patricia

                                Clark College Theater Program Coordinator/Costume Designer

                                360 903-6162 Cell

                                "I am a Costumer, I make clothes for imaginary people." ---

                                When I costume, I am not a fashion designer nor a clothing manufacturer, but a builder of character, concept, and physical movement.

                                --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com> , Sharon Kubic <sharonkubic@...> wrote:

                                > I have been getting these too. I've opened them twice before I realized it was the same sender. A big warning from my anti-virus program flashed on the screen letting me know a threat was blocked...I wouldn't open them.

                              • thecostumersmanifesto
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                                  Definitely evil spam. I delete them when I see them, but I miss a few.

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                                    Darcy is a list member in good standing since 2003 which is why the messages are getting through, she has long had unmoderated status. Someone obviously hacked her email and sent spam, so I'm putting her on moderated till the problem clears up. Time was, email done on a remote service like Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc was invulnerable, but in the last couple of months these accounts have been hacked en mass. Heaps of my friends are sending me spam unintentionally. It has become much more prevalent in the last few weeks. Leo Laporte, "The Tech Guy" to those of you who don't listen to radio, is suggesting today that everyone with those kind of email accounts switch passwords asap, and apply any additional forms of authentication provided by your service provider.

                                    --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Rohrbach" <pattyjo110@...> wrote:

                                    > Me to I just delete anything from Darcy who ever that is.

                                  • Carla Pollard
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                                      Tara:
                                      I listen to Leo most Sundays and heard him suggest this recently.
                                      Carla Pollard

                                      <pattyjo110@...> wrote:

                                      > Me to I just delete anything from Darcy who ever that is.

                                    • Barbara Mount
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jun 30, 2012
                                        I costume-specifically designing and building tutu-for our ballet company here in Livermore, Valley Dance Theatre.  I don't have a degree specifically in costuming, but have sewn all my life and am a wearable art designer.  The director of our company has been building costumes for over 30 years, worked in the Hartford Ballet's costuming shop, as well as danced for their company.  We would be more than happy to talk to you on the phone!

                                        Caryne Mount

                                        www.carynemount.com
                                        caryneska@...

                                        www.valleydancetheatre.com