Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Laughing Moon Pattern 100

  • Julia Logan Trimarco
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002
      I haven't seen the instructions you're talking about, but it doesn't make
      sense to me either.
      Twill tape sewn to the corset would insure that the waist doesn't stretch
      out, and stays true to the original measurement. True, it doesn't seem like
      bias would do anything useful.
      As far as sewing it to the lining versus the outside: if you're referring to
      a FLATlining, then true, it would be prettier to sew it to the flatlining,
      so it would not show on the outside. However, if you are talking about a
      bag lining, of some flimsy material, the tape wouldn't have enough
      stability. I would sew it either to the flatlining, or to the outside (sewn
      neatly). After all, it is underwear, and corsets usually have many
      topstitching lines showing. One can always make a decorative corset-cover
      if it is meant to be seen.

      Julia Trimarco