  • Kimberly Stockton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2004
      First I want to, once again, thank everyone for the help on my Elizabethan fabric search. Unfortunately, the few pieces that I found were in the $50+ a yard range or bad colors. So, that idea project will be put on hold.... at least till this unemployed designer finds a good job. :)

      On to the second project: I have a desire to make a historic civil war dinner style gown with the bottom of the bodice split. I have drawn and researched the idea, but have never made a non-theatrical gown. Does anyone have good suggestion or helpful hints on the fit or cut of the bodice. I also, am running into the problem of the lower arms eye seam on the draped bodice? The draped pattern does not translate onto paper, so I know I am doing something wrong.

      I do have a correct corset and soon elliptical petticoat.

      Thank again, and again, and again....etc...
      Kimberly