Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] building a portfolio

  • sherman, talley and raymond
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2004
      I am almost the same boat. I am doing projects for portfolio.

      My portfolio is al ittle different.
      I am taking photographs as I build my projects. I am also trying to get my
      hands on a DVD recorder for this. Since my project, like your proposed
      project is rather large (a scale 4 foot mummy) my mentor/advisor suggested
      the following for me developing my art portfolio:

      Do what you know! ( his excalamation point)
      Do what you can do very well.
      Don't compromise and do lesser work because it will
      "fit".
      Document everything. A Photo Essay/ Video Essay and complete text on the
      techniques, history etc will get more points than just doing something just
      for the portfolio.

      After this he told me he wasn't going to be the one to open the crate or
      feel around inside the "doll". LOL.

      In my case I will have to do some costume/clothing reproduction as well. for
      that I chose NA-T dress or Eskimo clothing,TARA WHERE AE YOU?!
      I sartted out on a doll size and am getting the courage to work up..

      Julie