Re: new member question

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2004
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "john" <jdesant@a...> wrote:

      > Iam doing research on particular tie of the 1800's. I am looking
      > recreate a cravat style called "Lavalliere" a sort of flowing bow
      > tie.
      > Would anyone know of and resources on getting patterns or how
      > to tie this type
      > of knot?
      > thanks
      > John D

      IF you had gone google, for instance, you'd have gotten here:
      cliquez sur ce lien

      http://www.theatrhall.net/boutique.php?ref=240&cat=3&lang=fr

      But this instruction on tying their cravatte in the lavalliere style
      is only a small part of their entertainment and educational value;
      look to have good pricing, too. And a very neat site.
      Dunno what I'll do with a lavalliere tie, but I might have to try one
      -- there are both large and small ones.

      http://www.theatrhall.net is their link; thanks for the lead!
      John