costume plot - sound of music

  • Williamson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2004
      Here is a costume plot from http://www.dodgercostumes.com/plots.html
      It might help.
      Jules
      THE SOUND OF MUSIC
      (Story of the Von Trapp Family Singers)
      TIME: Early 1933
      PLACE: Austria
      (This plot is a representation of the numbers of costumes needed for a complete production of the original show. Styles and colors may vary. Note: The colors indicated are to give a general idea of the costume look and will be changed according to sizes at our discretion. Also note that Dodger Costumes does not supply wigs, gloves, shoes, jewelry, hosiery, swords, sidearms, props or furs.)

      ACT I, SCENE I - NONNBERG ABBEY
      CHORUS: Nuns habits, Postulant uniforms, Novices uniforms
      ACT I, SCENE II - MOUNTAINSIDE NEAR THE ABBEY
      MARIA: Postulant uniform
      ACT I, SCENE III - OFFICE OF THE MOTHER ABBESS, THE NEXT MORNING
      MOTHER ABESS:
      SISTER BERTHE:
      SISTER MARGARETTA:
      SISTER SOPHIA: Nun's habit
      MARIA: Repeat Postulant uniform
      ACT I, SCENE IV - A CORRIDOR IN THE ABBEY
      MARIA:
      SISTER MARGARETTA: Repeat
      ACT 1, SCENE V - THE LIVING ROOM OF THE TRAPP VILLA, THAT AFTERNOON
      MARIA: Old fashioned, unbecoming dress, black hat
      FRAU SCHMIDT: Blue housekeeper's uniform
      GIRLS: White sailor blouses & skirts
      CAPTAIN VON TRAPP Navy blazer & pants
      FRANZ: Butler uniform, striped apron, gloves
      GIRLS: White sailor blouses & skirts
      BOYS: White sailor uniforms
      ACT I, SCENE VI - OUTSIDE THE TRAPP VILLA, THAT EVENING
      LIESL: White sailor uniform
      ROLF: Tyrolean jacket, vest, long pants
      ACT I, SCENE VII - MARIA'S BEDROOM, LATER THAT EVENING
      MARIA: Robe over nightgown
      LIESL: Dirty skirt over white uniform
      GIRLS: Long nightgowns
      BOYS: Pajamas
      FRAU SCHMIDT: Repeat
      ACT I, SCENE VIII - HALLWAY OF TRAPP VILLA
      ELSA SCHRAEDER: Full length afternoon dress
      MARIA: Peasant dress
      GIRLS: Play clothes made from curtains in Maria's bedroom, fast change to sailor uniforms
      BOYS: Pajamas
      FRAU SCHMIDT: Repeat
      ACT I, SCENE VIII - HALLWAY OF TRAPP VILLA
      ALL: Repeat
      ACT I, SCENE IX - THE TERRACE OF THE TRAPP VILLA, SIX WEEKS LATER
      ELSA SCHRAEDER: Full length afternoon dress
      MARIA: Peasant dress
      GIRLS: Play clothes made from curtains in Maria's bedroom, fast change to sailor uniforms
      URSULA: Tyrolean maid's uniform
      CAPTAIN: Tyrolean jacket, long pants
      MAX: Houndstooth jacket & flannel pants
      BOYS: Play clothes made from curtains in Maria's bedroom, fast change to sailor uniforms
      FRANZ: Repeat without apron
      ROLF: Repeat I-VI
      ACT I, SCENE X - A HALLWAY IN TRAPP VILLA, ONE WEEK LATER
      GIRLS: Party dresses with sashes
      BOYS: Dark suits with knee pants
      FRAU SCHMIDT: "Sunday" best dress
      ACT I, SCENE XI - THE LIVING ROOM, THE SAME EVENING
      GUESTS: 1939 Ball gowns, tails, tuxedos, or tyrolean dress coats
      MARIA: Peasant party dress, changes to fancier white party peasant dress
      Change to I-V ugly dress
      BARONESS & ELBERFELD Ballgown
      MAX: Tails under raincoat & hat
      CAPTAIN: Tails
      URSULA: Formal maid's uniform
      ELSA: Striking ball gown
      GIRLS: Repeat I-X
      FRANZ: Full dress butler uniform
      BARON ELBERFELD: Tails
      BOYS: Repeat I-X
      HERR ZELLER: Tuxedo
      ACT I, SCENE XII - A CORRIDOR IN THE ABBEY
      NEW POSTULANTS: Well cut suits (cross-over)
      SISTER SOPHIA: Repeat I-I
      ACT I, SCENE XIII - THE OFFICE OF THE MOTHER ABBESS, THREE DAYS LATER
      MARIA: Repeat Postulant uniform
      ALL NUNS: Nun's habits
      ACT II, SCENE I - THE TERRACE, THE SAME DAY
      GIRLS: Jumper dresses & blouses
      ELSA: Another full length afternoon dress
      MARIA: Same Postulant suit as worn by girl in cross-over, re-entrance in jumper type peasant dress with blouse & apron
      BOYS: Knee pants with suspenders, shirts
      MAX: Double-breasted pin stripe suit
      CAPTAIN: Smoking jacket & pants
      FRANZ: Repeat IX-V
      ACT II, SCENE II - A CORRIDOR IN THE ABBEY, TWO WEEKS LATER
      NUNS, POSTULANTS, NOVICES: Repeat
      MOTHER ABESS: Repeat, adding ceremonial robes
      ACT II, SCENE III - THE OFFICE OF THE MOTHER ABESS, IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING
      MARIA: White wedding dress
      NUNS, POSTULANTS, NOVICES: Repeat
      MOTHER ABBESS: Repeat, adding ceremonial robes
      ACT II, SCENE IV - CLOISTER OVERLOOKING THE CHAPEL
      MARIA: Repeat
      GIRLS: Full length bridesmaid dresses
      NUNS POSTULANTS, NOVICES: Repeat
      CAPTAIN: Full dress naval uniform
      BOYS: Repeat suits, I-X
      ACT II, SCENE V - THE LIVING ROOM, ONE MONTH LATER
      GIRLS: Skirts, blouses & bodices
      FRAU SCHMIDT: Repeat housekeeper uniform
      MARIA: Three piece traveling ensemble, re-entrance in tyrolean blouse, skirt & apron
      MAX: Dark suit
      BOYS: Knee-pants, shirts
      ZELLER: Black suit with Nazi emblem on lapel
      FRANZ: Repeat I-V
      CAPTAIN: Dark suit
      ROLF: Telegraph deliver boy uniform
      VON SCHREIBER: Admiral's uniform, German Navy
      ACT II, SCENE VI - THE STAGE OF THE CONCERT HALL, THREE DAYS LATER
      THE CAPTAIN, MARIA, & VON TRAPP CHILDREN:
      THE HERWEGEN TRIO: Austrian folk costumes
      FRAULEIN SCHWEIGER: Peasant dress
      MAX: Repeat tails I-II
      S.S. MEN: Uniforms, cap
      ACT II, SCENE VII - THE GARDEN OF NONNBERG ABBEY, THAT NIGHT
      NUNS, POSTULANTS, NOVICES Repeat
      MARIA & GIRLS:
      CAPTAIN & BOYS: Repeat II-VI, add capes or coats
      ROLF: S.S. uniform, cap