Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] New, with questions

  • Theresa Roden
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2004
      Check eBay for stuff and do a google search on phrases like "1960's Patterns" or "Patterns of the 1960's" (click Advanced Search and type the phrase in the box for exact phrase matches.)

      That should net you something. I used to have some patterns from that era (it's when I first learned to sew), but they've been lost in moving.

      Theresa

      siuanesedai <roberta.belen@...> wrote:

      Hi. I'm really glad I found this list. I'm the mother of a high
      school student who will be in the student production 'Bye, Bye
      Birdie". My problem is that having done costumes for last year's
      production of "Hello, Dolly!", now the director would like me to take
      on costuming this year. This is a good thing, except that the early
      1960's are not yet popular as patterns.

      Any suggestions for me? We're looking for things not quite as over
      the top as "Hairspray", more along the lines of the tv show "American
      Dreams".

      Anny assistance would be gratefully received.

      Berta

      Yahoo! Groups Links