  • Curtis Kidd
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2004
      --- TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > From: Sylvia Rognstad <sylvia@...>
      > Subject: Re: Faux Ermine Tails
      >
      > We made some faux ermine tails once by just rolling up
      > small cones or
      > tubes of white fur, stitching them together and dipping
      > the ends in
      > black ink.

      I made a fake wolfskin using very much the same
      technique...cut it out, made a tail, then sprayed the fur
      with gray and black paint until I got it to the coloration
      I wanted. I was pleasantly surprised with the results,
      looked much better than I'd expected.

      If you're shooting for more authenticity, see if there's a
      leather store (Tandy, Leather Factory, etc) in your area.
      They generally carry rabbit skins in a variety of colors
      (some craft stores do, as well...at least, in this area).
      You may be able to find something that will work for you,
      either by nature of its present coloration, or something
      that can be done as above. You can wrap the fur around
      some stiffened cord to simulate the bones of the tail.

      =====
      Curtis Kidd

      Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
      www.yahoo.com