where can I buy buckram?

  • jehanness
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2001
      Hello- Does anyone know of a mail order or online catalog where I can
      buy buckram? (Used in hatmaking mostly, I've been told.) I'd like to
      experiment with it making masks.
      -jehanness (www.sanssoucistudios.com)
    • Sarah Anne Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2001
        the best price I've found is $4 a yard, at
        www.judithm.com . :-)

        --- jehanness <jehanness@...> wrote:
        > Hello- Does anyone know of a mail order or online
        > catalog where I can
        > buy buckram? (Used in hatmaking mostly, I've been
        > told.) I'd like to
        > experiment with it making masks.
        > -jehanness (www.sanssoucistudios.com)

        =====
        or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com
      • fossil73
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 31, 2001
          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@y..., Sarah Anne Smith <konzamoon@y...>
          wrote:

          > the best price I've found is $4 a yard, at
          > www.judithm.com . :-)
          >
          > --- jehanness <jehanness@y...> wrote:
          > > Hello- Does anyone know of a mail order or online
          > > catalog where I can
          > > buy buckram? (Used in hatmaking mostly, I've been
          > > told.) I'd like to
          > > experiment with it making masks.
          > > -jehanness (www.sanssoucistudios.com)

          Looking for Buckram? For mask making? I work for the
          manufacturer...... so no doubt biased.....but have you heard about or
          tried FOSSHAPE?
          Currently used by costumers and prop people at major theme parks,
          theatres etc. and being called the "buckram replacement".
          All synthetic, safe and easy to use via heat activation (steam
          iron,costume steamer or hot air gun).
          We now have several distributors nationwide that you can phone or
          order via their web site. Feel free to email or phone me. I'll send
          you a distributor list and or send you info/samples to play with etc.
          Have other thermoformable products as well that unfortunately only a
          few people know about.
          B.Jeffrey
          Foss Mfg. Co.
          bjeffrey@...
          800-746-4018

          > =====
          > or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com
        • Heidi Horan
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 31, 2001
            Hi there. Your buckram replacement sounds
            fascinating. I would be interested in the distributor
            list and also samples. My address is: Heidi J.
            Horan, 8711 N. Pinery Pkwy., Parker CO 80134-5732. I
            am a milliner and am also interested in copying some
            hat blocks and have been looking for the very type of
            thing you are talking about. Thanks so much. Best
            regards. Heidi J. Horan

            http://greetings.yahoo.com