  • The Prusik's at BunkeredInn
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2004
      This is all I could find after lots of gymnastics with Google. My only other suggestion would be checking out the 1895 old Sears catalogue that Dover publications has. I know that isn't old enough, but it might have something in it. There sure is a shortage of information about men's hats. Guess it's because they don't change much.

      http://www.civilization.ca/hist/hats/hatbib_e.html#tech; women's hats and Millinery Trade :(
      http://www.ushist.com/ushist-index.htm; Index of all pages on www.USHist.com
      http://www.living-history.net/CRTRADER.HTM; Renenactor's resource links?
      Donna

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 08:18:45 -0000
      From: "overpeckus" <doverpeck@...>
      Subject: 1830's Bell Crown Top Hat

      I was playing around with some rough out leather the other day and
      wound up with a servicable bell crown top hat in the style of the
      1830's. I would like to wear it to a reenactment but I can't find any
      documentation for it. My instinct tells me that such a thing could
      have existed in that period (after all I made one) I would sure