RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Duct Tape Double

  • Joannah Hansen
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 30, 2004
      This is definitely a very good way to fit someone who is asymmetrical. One of the women I used this method to make corset and bodice patterns for was left lopsided after a major car accident - I don't think that I'd have been able to get such a great fit on her using a different method. I also didn't realize until after making the duct tape double/pattern and laying it flat that she was so lopsided.
      Joannah.

      --- "Ken & Patricia" <krich2@...> wrote:

      > Have any of you used this method when creating/altering garb?
      > In case you WERE wanting to use this for making a pattern,
      > like someone else was suggesting, here is a link for making a
      > bodice by cutting apart the double....
      > http://www.reddawn.net/costume/bodice2.htm

      When I started costuming I used these pages a lot
      http://home.aol.com/lclacemker/frameset3.html I've outgrown the original duct tape bodice
      pattern. I still use the pieces as templates to redraft to accommodate new proportions.
      This method is great if you have the one shoulder/hip higher than the other problem.

      Patricia

      Yahoo! Groups Links