Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Troll Costumes - please help!

  • Aurora Celeste
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2004
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "vix_ter2000"
      <vix_ter2000@y...> wrote:
      > Hi, I've just volunteered to help make costumes for a local youth
      > theatre. I have zero experience but must have seemed enthusiastic
      > enough to be given the job of making two troll costumes.
      > The director wants the costumes to be something along the lines of
      > the Trolls in Harry Potter with big bellies and saggy breasts.
      > My original idea was to cut out the skin fabric and then sew
      pockets
      > on the wrong side in the shape of breasts and a belly to give
      > definition lines on the right side and then stuff the pockets on
      the
      > wrong side to give padding.
      > Can anyone think of a better easier way of achieving this??? Can
      you
      > make sense of my question????? (I have a budget of zero but I do
      > have grey fabric and lots of wadding!)

      Well, this may be a wierd way to research, but they had trolls like
      that in Ella Enchanted, and on the 'making of' extra on the DVD they
      had pictures of them getting into and taking off the costumes. I
      don't remember specifics, but maybe renting the movie and watching,
      and freeze-framing, would help.