Poly shirts

  • Curtis Kidd
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2004
      > From: Contessa <costumegoddess777@...>
      > Subject: Re: Digest Number 1091 (was: blood)
      >
      > Anyway, we make all of the white shirts of 50/50
      > poly/cotton or sometimes 65/35 poly/cotton and the rough
      > shirts are mostly poly blends (amazingly they do not look
      > like poly!) and the blood always washes out quite
      > well

      Heh...okay, little story about poly shirts. My older
      brother used to work for a place that acid-etched circuit
      boards (actually, they MADE circuit boards, my brother just
      worked on the etching part of the process). He would
      regularly go to work in blue jeans and white double-knit
      poly dress shirts (he had them left over from an earlier
      stage of his life...he only used them as work shirts, at
      that point). By the time he'd worn them the equivalent of
      two weeks, the jeans looked like someone had shot them with
      a shotgun. NOTHING touched those shirts. He loaned me one
      to wear while working on my car...covered it in grease and
      oil...which ALL washed out with no pre-treatment
      whatsoever. They weren't the most comfortable things to
      wear, and did look kind of odd with everyone wearing
      cottons or polycotton blends; but they were nigh
      invulnerable!

      =====
      Curtis Kidd

      http://vote.yahoo.com