  • borgdrone001
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 7, 2001
      Hello I would like to know if it would be possible to get and help or guida=
      nce with a Costume Project that I have. I want to put together a Costume for=
      Ambassador Londo Mollari from Babylon-5. I've found out the Costume is base=
      d on a French Colonial design and that should help a bit, to know it's based=
      on something period. First of all I want to know if there are any patterns =
      available for that outfit and if not, does anyone know what fabrics were use=
      d for the Vest, and the Top Coat, and then the Cape as well. Then about the =
      all the trim and the piping on the Lapels. Can anyone also help with all the=
      accessories such as cuff buttons, and ribbons, and those little scarab like=
      buttons up and down the coat.
      Thank you very much for all the help
      that I hope you will be......

        Carl ........

      .
    • linda craft
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 8, 2001
        Hi Carl,
        have you gone to the Lukers guide to Babylon 5?
        they have lots of details and pics the url is
        www.midwinter.com/lurk/luker.html that may help you. I
        am a great fan of B-5 I'd love to see a pic of your
        costume when you get it done.
        Linda

        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
          Unsubscribe please
          Holly Berry
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 2, 2002
            Kindly keep your proseltyzing to those who have a shred of interest. Religion does not belong on a costuming list.

            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 2, 2002
              I really don't appreciate Islamic spam. Moderator, can you please ban this person?

                May I say hallelujah! (Tongue in cheek on the
                comment, heartfelt on the sentiment!

                --- Dianne and Greg Stucki <goofy1@...> wrote:
                > Kindly keep your proseltyzing to those who have a
                > shred of interest. Religion does not belong on a
                > costuming list.

                =====
                We are all in the gutter,
                But some of us are looking at the stars.
                --Oscar Wilde

                HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
                http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
              • DARK GOD
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 10, 2004
                  dont know were your based if you in the uk give the bbc props house a call
                  you can find the numbers on the net they have every thing you could wish for
                  and more

                  >From: "video_film" <video_film@...>
                  >To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] (unknown)
                  >Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:35:27 -0000
                  >

                  >I am looking for Costumes and Accessories from 1890s to 1930s.
                  >
                  >I need to find them for a feature film project.
                  >
                  >I need items restored or in original condition.
                  >
                  >I am also interested in things that can be restored at a reasonable
                  >price.
                  >
                  >But I need to know the status of each item, whether they are in
                  >original form, or renovated and when they were renovated.
                  >
                  >I would like to see pictures if possible.
                  >
                  >I need to know if you have ever rented these items before.
                  >
                  >If there is a set rental price and insurance requirements please
                  >send that info as well. If not just tell me that you are not sure
                  >how much the rate will be.
                  >
                  >If there is anyone else you know that has something we might need
                  >can you
                  > please let me know that as well.
                  >
                  >Thank you for any help you can give me.
                  >
                  > I am also looking for someone with period costume experience
                  >to help me budget and schedule the wardrobe requirements in a script
                  >I am breaking down.
                  >
                  >I have no money to offer, but can offer experience with Movie Magic
                  >Budgeting and Scheduling software.
                  >
                  >And employment on the feature once the funding is complete.
                  >
                  >I have been offered the money I need but I am still looking for more
                  >money to have a larger budget to work with.
                  >
                  >I only need about one day togo over the typical costumes for each
                  >time period and maybe go with me to western costume for
                  >scouting/pricing on thier inventory. Then a half day to see what
                  >should be made and what should be rented.
                  >
                  >3 easy/casual days a few hours each day is all I really need.
                  >
                  >William Murray
                  >818-366-5337
                  >video_film@...

                  http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
                • Mandy
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 22, 2008
                    For me? The joy of seeing the finished product.

                    The challenge in making it from a hand drawn picture. It's like watching a
                    baby take it's first steps, or your child receiving their first "First
                    Place" ribbon or trophy. I'm not very good at drawing, painting or coming
                    up with my own designs - but present me with a rough drawing or a photograph
                    and I'm off and running with ways of making it. Out comes the pencils,
                    frustrations and swearing. But then when it's proudly displayed on my dummy
                    or a person, it's the lump in the throat and the feelings of achievement
                    that makes it all worth while.

                    The actors excitement, others compliments and congrats are just icing on the
                    cake for me. :D

                    Mandy in Aussie Land

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 14, 2009
                      We struggled with the "eating/drinking in costume" issue with a couple of
                      recent college productions that included children. The children were
                      informed by their teacher that there was no eating/drinking in costume, a letter
                      was sent home to parents, an announcement was then made in the greenroom at
                      the first dress rehearsal - with the parents in the room - and the next night
                      they STILL brought their little darlings tacos, Cheetos, cheeseburgers, and
                      red & blue drinks. They had plenty of time to eat before coming to
                      rehearsal, and we allowed the kids to drink water or each non-staining food (animal
                      crackers, vanilla wafers). We had to assign 2 college students to be in the
                      dressing room to enforce the food rule every night. This is part of the
                      problem - parents who are clearly told the rules and teach their children that
                      it's okay to disregard any rules that are inconvenient.

                      Sorry - just had to vent.

                      **************Choose the home loan that saves you the most $$$. Agents
                      available at ditech.com
                      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221374924x1201371434/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fclk.atdmt.com%2FDEG%2Fgo%2F153724534%2Fdirect%2F0
                      1%2F)

                    • Paula McWhirter-Buck
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 17, 2011
                        what are these links?
                        there have been several, lately from this list.
                        i dont click on things if i'm not sure what they are or where thy originate
                        from.

                        ________________________________
                        From: Darcy <darcy33083@...>

                          From: Darcy <mailto:darcy33083%40yahoo.com>
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 17, 2011
                            I have been getting these too.  I've opened them twice before I realized it was the same sender.  A big warning from my anti-virus program flashed on the screen letting me know a threat was blocked...I wouldn't open them.

                            Sharon
                            Emma Joy's Emporium

                            From: Darcy <darcy33083@...>
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                              I've noticed that the majority of these that I've seen have a .php suffix. If, however, you get an email with just a link, no explanation...especially if it's from someone you don't know, but even if you know them...don't click on it. I got a few like this from friends, but it was very out-of-character for them to send a link without any comment, so I emailed them back to ask about it. Not once have they responded with "Yeah, I actually sent that link to you..." It's always been some kind of malicious software at work.

                              --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Kubic <sharonkubic@...> wrote:

                              > I have been getting these too.  I've opened them twice before I realized it was the same sender.  A big warning from my anti-virus program flashed on the screen letting me know a threat was blocked...I wouldn't open them.
                            • Kat Hannon
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                                All those links are shoing up on my end as coming from someone who calls herself Darcy. If I see anything from her I just delete it.

                                =^.^=

                                "If a man could be crossed with a cat,
                                It would improve the man,
                                but it would deteriorate the cat."
                                Mark Twain
                                Please note that Mark Twain specified
                                that the cross would improve the MAN,
                                no need to include women in that.
                                Women and cats are perfect as is.

                                Message 15 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                                  all other email lists that i belong to...when these show up....the sender is
                                  made aware and given a warning by the list moderator.
                                  if they continue the sender is blocked from the list until the issue is cleared
                                  up.
                                  simple enough to deal with, if the sender has been victim of an email
                                  worm.....just change your email password.

                                  ________________________________

                                  wrote:

                                  > I have been getting these too. I've opened them twice before I realized it
                                  >was the same sender. A big warning from my anti-virus program flashed on the
                                  >screen letting me know a threat was blocked...I wouldn't open them.

                                • Pat Rohrbach
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                                    Me to I just delete anything from Darcy who ever that is.

                                    Patricia

                                    Clark College Theater Program Coordinator/Costume Designer

                                    360 903-6162 Cell

                                    "I am a Costumer, I make clothes for imaginary people." ---

                                    When I costume, I am not a fashion designer nor a clothing manufacturer, but a builder of character, concept, and physical movement.

                                    --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com> , Sharon Kubic <sharonkubic@...> wrote:

                                    > I have been getting these too. I've opened them twice before I realized it was the same sender. A big warning from my anti-virus program flashed on the screen letting me know a threat was blocked...I wouldn't open them.

                                  • thecostumersmanifesto
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                                      Definitely evil spam. I delete them when I see them, but I miss a few.

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                                        Darcy is a list member in good standing since 2003 which is why the messages are getting through, she has long had unmoderated status. Someone obviously hacked her email and sent spam, so I'm putting her on moderated till the problem clears up. Time was, email done on a remote service like Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc was invulnerable, but in the last couple of months these accounts have been hacked en mass. Heaps of my friends are sending me spam unintentionally. It has become much more prevalent in the last few weeks. Leo Laporte, "The Tech Guy" to those of you who don't listen to radio, is suggesting today that everyone with those kind of email accounts switch passwords asap, and apply any additional forms of authentication provided by your service provider.

                                        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Rohrbach" <pattyjo110@...> wrote:

                                        > Me to I just delete anything from Darcy who ever that is.

                                      • Carla Pollard
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                                          Tara:
                                          I listen to Leo most Sundays and heard him suggest this recently.
                                          Carla Pollard

                                          <pattyjo110@...> wrote:

                                          > Me to I just delete anything from Darcy who ever that is.

                                        • Barbara Mount
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jun 30, 2012
                                            I costume-specifically designing and building tutu-for our ballet company here in Livermore, Valley Dance Theatre.  I don't have a degree specifically in costuming, but have sewn all my life and am a wearable art designer.  The director of our company has been building costumes for over 30 years, worked in the Hartford Ballet's costuming shop, as well as danced for their company.  We would be more than happy to talk to you on the phone!

                                            Caryne Mount

                                            www.carynemount.com
                                            caryneska@...

                                            www.valleydancetheatre.com