question for sunflower

  • lisa grieve
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2001
      sunflower,
      i am doing a marketing project in my fashion class and most of the questions
      are money related. i'm trying to sell my line of 20th century women's
      fashions. your response to raven was this:

      "What I was told was to price ALL the materials you are going to use, add
      30-50% then figure out what your time is worth, ex: est.hourly rate."

      could you please explain to me what the % rate was for? it would be much
      appreciated.

      thanks,
      lisa

    • Siebel San
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2001
        Allo all!

        I have two chemises just laying around looking for owners.
        They are both the same style, long-sleeved, full-length,
        and will he hemmed to your height. They are cut very full,
        and will fit XS through 2 or 3 XL (we are talking a full 50
        inch bust/hip accommodation!) They are a very simple
        style, suitable for most Medieval/Renaissance/Colonial
        get-ups, or just a very comfortable nightgown or
        house-dress. Your choice of elastic or drawstring neck and
        cuffs.

        One is pure white satin, very smooth and shimmery. Perfect
        for the upper class. Can be machine washed, but hand
        washing and line drying reccommended. $45

        The other is pure white, 100% cotton. Completely machine
        washable and dryable! $35

        If interested, please email me at PalaisGarnier@...

        Thanks!
        Jessie

        =====
        - - - - - - - - - -

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • Theresa Roden
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2001

          >sunflower,
          >i am doing a marketing project in my fashion class and most of the
          >questions
          >are money related. i'm trying to sell my line of 20th century women's
          >fashions. your response to raven was this:
          >
          >"What I was told was to price ALL the materials you are going to use, add
          >30-50% then figure out what your time is worth, ex: est.hourly rate."
          >

          >lisa

          Price of materials plus 30-50% of that cost to cover unexpected additions to
          supplies. Example: Materials for a project cost $100. You would add
          $33-$50 to cover the cost of unforeseen trips to the store to pick up more
          trim or additional lining or whatever because of miscalculations or
          contstruction mistakes.

          Theresa

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2001
            thanks very much :)