Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] one armed?

  • Kathy Pawl
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2004
      You don't want to tuck it in back - his shoulder will cramp something fierce. Have him hold it across his stomach and ace it in place like that, just not too tight. Someone I worked with mad a kind of tee shirt with a sort of pocket that ran sideways and he just shoved his arm in that. The shirt was pretty loose and it worked great.

      Loretta Armstrong <laminathegreat@...> wrote:Here I go again... this time I need help with an actual production.
      8-)
      We are doing "The Boys Next Door" and there is a character who
      only has one arm. The actor has both. Has anybody done this
      trick or something like it? How did you do it? I have some ideas,
      like just tucking the arm back and trying with an ace bandage but
      I was wondering if there was anything better.
      And, ya, we are asking now so we can get him used to it in
      rehersal!!
      Thanks- everyone here ROCKS!
      Loretta

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Sylvia Rognstad
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2004
        What does he have to wear as a costume? I did a show this summer with
        a character who was supposed too be one-armed. Fortunately his costume
        called for a jacket so it wasnt hard at all.

        Sylrog

        On Aug 31, 2004, at 2:47 PM, Loretta Armstrong wrote:

        > Here I go again... this time I need help with an actual production.
        > 8-)
        > We are doing "The Boys Next Door" and there is a character who
        > only has one arm. The actor has both. Has anybody done this
        > trick or something like it? How did you do it? I have some ideas,
        > like just tucking the arm back and trying with an ace bandage but
        > I was wondering if there was anything better.
        > And, ya, we are asking now so we can get him used to it in
        > rehersal!!
        > Thanks- everyone here ROCKS!
        > Loretta
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > <81804_0704_b_300250a.gif>
        > <l.gif>
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > �
        > �
        > Service.

      • Michelle Davidson
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1 12:40 AM
          We just did this! We had the actor wear a jacket,
          kind of a western blazer. We cut open the seams of
          the jacket at the elbow and a corresponding seam in
          the body of the jacket and sewed them into a kind of
          tunnel so that the actor could put his arm into the
          jacket sleeve to the elbow and through the hole into
          the body of the jacket where he held it behind his
          back. This way, there is an actual arm in the upper
          half of the sleeve which then disappears, leaving the
          lower sleeve obviously empty and dangling. The blazer
          has enough bulk to hide the arm behind his back and
          it's not too uncomfortable of a position for the actor
          to be in for a while. Ruins the coat, but looks
          great--and you don't get that weird bulk of arm where
          one shouldn't be if you try to pretend his whole arm
          is gone.
          Good luck!
          Michelle in SD

          wrote:

          > Here I go again... this time I need help with an
          > actual production.
          > 8-)
          > We are doing "The Boys Next Door" and there is a
          > character who
          > only has one arm. The actor has both. Has anybody
          > done this
          > trick or something like it? How did you do it? I
          > have some ideas,
          > like just tucking the arm back and trying with an
          > ace bandage but
          > I was wondering if there was anything better.
          > And, ya, we are asking now so we can get him used to
          > it in
          > rehersal!!
          > Thanks- everyone here ROCKS!
          > Loretta

          =====
          The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.
          --Josef Stalin

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush