Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Intro & Serger recommendations

  • Cat Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2001
      First let me introduce myself. My name is Cat. I have been a lurker for a
      while & I really like this community. It seems to stay on topic & I get to
      hear about many different styles of costuming.

      I have been sewing since I was five (I am 32 now) & am fully trained in most
      of the "mommy arts" as my mom says, hehe. sewing, almost any kind of
      needlework, knitting, crochet, crafty stuff & on & on. I have been building
      costumes (anime/comic books/video games/faerie, & soon, some scifi/star
      wars!) for about a year now when making normal clothes & home dec got
      mindnumbing for me. I am a graphic designer by trade, but I am always sewing
      constantly on the side. I should have my website up by the end of the year.
      I have been working feverishly on it. ^_^

      Serger... I have owned my White ATS 2000 (4 thread) for about a year now & I
      love it! Everyone says how easy it is to use, it has a completely movable
      front that swings open for easy threading. I have friends with more
      expensive, high-end machines & they complain that they wish they had mine!!
      I bought mine from a dealer that sells new products out of TX on Ebay & I
      got a wonderful deal that included a workbook, video & the 6 extra feet, all
      for $400!!! It is as easy or easier than my normal White sewing machine. I
      have had a great experience with it.

      Thanks!

      Cat