Re: Russian Character Boots

  • Keith Scoggins
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2000
      I got mine two years ago from Grishko. Unfortunately, they are hand made in
      Russia and take quite a while, but you might contact them and see if they
      can get any in on your time schedule (I don't have their address or phone
      handy as I'm in the middle of moving, but do a web search and you will find
      them).
      If you can't get them in time, I made a very acceptable substitute last year
      for an understudy who ended up dancing. I started from a pair of Capezio
      Jazz shoes--the slip on kind with the elastic inset in the sides of the
      vamp. I made boot tops from some good quality vinyl upholstery fabric
      (matte finish) and hand sewed them to the top of the jazz shoe. It worked
      _very_ well and even the other dancers didn't realize that I had made them
      (they must have thought I was a magician to get the boots here so fast!).
      If you have any questions on the details of doing this, e-mail me and I can
      give you the exact specs.
      Kathy
      kwscoggins@...