Working for cheap and low

  • catslave54
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 2:41 PM
      We need to educate people on just how long it takes to sew. AND how
      long it takes to go buy things at a thrift store! I tell people it
      cost from $30 to $60 PER COSTUME PER SHOW! Regardless of the type of
      show(musical.etc.)I've been educating directors all over town. Many
      of them think it cost very little to pull some things together and
      are REAL surprised! And I've had several designers guilt me into
      working l-o-n-g hours because they were behind or had a design
      concept that was WAY out of their league. NEVER AGAIN. I'm STILL
      waiting to get paid from one of them since February. The show always
      manages to come together because it HAS to! Go without food and
      sleep...it gets done.Eat a hot lunch and go to bed at a decent hour,
      and it STILL gets done.I've tested this.One designer has NEVER been
      on time with costumes for Dress Reh. Ever. And I've known her for 9
      years. I'm sick of it! I help her when I can, but I'm NOT sewing
      until 3 A.M. anymore.Gripe,gripe,gripe...Sorry.If you choose not to
      sew, somehow the clothes WILL get there. At one high school ,they
      have on the audition sheet a place for THE NAME OF THE PERSON WHO
      WILL MAKE YOUR COSTUME! Maybe this place can put out a call for
      sewers? And maybe you can rent from people on Oahu at the colleges?
      Stick to your guns or you will never be let out onstage! Elizabeth
      the Grouchy