Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: need help making a shrug

  • IvannaBWealthy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2004
      In a message dated 6/26/2004 10:32:48 AM Central Standard Time,
      ethnofusion@... writes:
      there are plenty of free knitting pattern for shrugs online (some
      crochet too) just do a general internet search like knitting shrug
      pattern, and you'll get pages and pages of them. I copied one of them
      that i thought was a good one , but didn't write down the address so
      i can post it here if you can't find one you like.

      as for my shrug, i was hoping not to buy a new pattern at the moment.
      so i'm going to be brave and try and draft one from the leo pattern.
      and i'll see how that turns out, if not i'll keep in mind to look for
      one in the formal section at the next pattern sale (but, on this one
      i don't want the front pieces)
      some of the knit and crochet shrug patterns end up being basically
      rectangular, and then you sew up a couple of seams. if you have a pattern that tells
      the final dimensions, you can cut a piece of fabric the same size, adding
      hems/seam allowances, and stitch it up accordingly.