Re: costume inventory system/software?

  • Loretta Larson-Armstrong
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
      It's funny you should ask that....
      My husband wrote a web-based software for me to keep my costume shop
      organized. It's web-based because, well, that's the software he
      knows 8-) and I fantasize about taking a wireless laptop into the
      basement and inputing from there. It's been slow getting things
      inputted- you have to be ORGANIZED first. If you are intresed, let
      me know. The program is pasword protected to keep people out. And we
      would have to charge you if you wanted to use it because it comes
      off our own server.
      But sometimes simplicity is better when it comes to organization, I
      am discovering. A local costume shop in town just has signs hanging
      off thier racks that say what is there (Renissance dresses,
      peticoats, sailor clothes, ect.) and that works well.
      Loretta

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "safehavenalaska"
      <safehavenalaska@y...> wrote:
      > I am volunteering to assist a community theater with the task of
      > organizing and inventorying their costume shop. Does anyone know
      of
      > any books or software that would give me some guidance?
    • Carla Pollard
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
        Organizing:
        By period, by show or by garment, i.e. men's trousers, women's blouses, children.

        Inventorying: plenty of software programs out there, but a simple spread sheet would suffice.

        I am volunteering to assist a community theater with the task of
        organizing and inventorying their costume shop. Does anyone know of
        any books or software that would give me some guidance?

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor