fabric suppliers for lining, fishnet, and shawls

  • ethnofusion
    Message 1 of 6 , May 27, 2004
      looking for an online source (as my small local stores don't have it,
      and haven't been able to find it yet online)

      for a polyester lining (or perhaps i just don't know the right name
      for it). two way stretch fabric very popular for lining for sheer
      fabrics, my closet is full of it. all i know is it's 100% polyster
      (according to the tags on my clothes).

      although i did find some of this, looking for more color ranges. it's
      a netting i belive it's called fishnet.

      and many years ago, i went to this fabric store and you could buy
      printed "lace" shawls with fringe (actually came on a bolt). i don't
      even know how to search for this. but they were very pretty and very
      cheap and of course would like to get some more.
    • CostumeShopManager
      Message 2 of 6 , May 27, 2004
        Sounds more like stretch illusion. www.fabricdirect.com sells it in a variety of colors. As for the shawl, that is a trend item. They are not being manufactured currently, but someone probably still has it in a warehouse. I would encourage you to make phone calls as you will probably need to request fabric manufacturers to do research for you. You might find it in the back of a jobber's warehouse in places like downtown Los Angeles, Chicago and New York.
        looking for an online source (as my small local stores don't have it,
        and haven't been able to find it yet online)

        for a polyester lining (or perhaps i just don't know the right name
        for it). two way stretch fabric very popular for lining for sheer
        fabrics, my closet is full of it. all i know is it's 100% polyster
        (according to the tags on my clothes).

        although i did find some of this, looking for more color ranges. it's
        a netting i belive it's called fishnet.

        and many years ago, i went to this fabric store and you could buy
        printed "lace" shawls with fringe (actually came on a bolt). i don't
        even know how to search for this. but they were very pretty and very
        cheap and of course would like to get some more.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Renee Schmutz
        Message 3 of 6 , May 27, 2004
          About the shawls:
          I just last week found something similar at a Jo-annes fabric store
          around here (kentucky). It wasn't printed, but an actual heavy woven lace in
          gold with fringe on the ends...just cut and go.

          I don't know if this will help at all, but it may at least mean it's a
          trend that's on it's way back. *shrug*

          Renee
        • ethnofusion
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
            found the fishnet, and can't beleive the shawls were a fad item (well
            if it ever comes back i'm buying bolts of it)

            but as for the lining, I don't think the stretch illusion is it. is
            that a shiny fabric (can't tell in the picture)? becuase this is
            not, and don't know if it is neccasirly a "lining" fabric. because i
            do have some tops made of it (course they have a sheer blouse to go
            over it), but also used as linings (again for sheer clothing).

            Is there a website were one could view fabrics that are used only in
            the fashion industry?

            i'm going to take one of the pieces down to my local fabric store and
            see if maybe they can at least name it.
          • K Murphy
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
              Alan Sloane in New York carries the shawls in white, ivory, black, navy, red, beige, and gray (66"x40") Style #SHAWL for $6.50 each; they have the same size in metallic gold, silver, black/silver, and black/gold Style #191 Metallic for $15.00 each. Phone 1-800-252-6266, FAX (631) 643-1015. They can be rude; just be persistant if you want these items! They have no minimums, ship at time of order, and take credit cards over the phone though they PREFER (meaning they'll be rude if you call) FAX orders.

              Hope this helps --

              Kate Murphy

              ethnofusion <ethnofusion@...> wrote:
              found the fishnet, and can't beleive the shawls were a fad item (well
              if it ever comes back i'm buying bolts of it)

              but as for the lining, I don't think the stretch illusion is it. is
              that a shiny fabric (can't tell in the picture)? becuase this is
              not, and don't know if it is neccasirly a "lining" fabric. because i
              do have some tops made of it (course they have a sheer blouse to go
              over it), but also used as linings (again for sheer clothing).

              Is there a website were one could view fabrics that are used only in
              the fashion industry?

              i'm going to take one of the pieces down to my local fabric store and
              see if maybe they can at least name it.

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            • Sherman, Talley and Raymond